Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Tonight, I'm completely overwhelmed. So much to do, so many appointments and dates to keep, and so little time to do it. It seems like no matter what the situation, there's something that's going to be physical challenge and I'm not used to having these physical challenges. Yesterday I realized I was out of dog food; so I went to the store to get a small bag since J wasn't there to carry the 44 lb. bag. Of course the oh-so-lovely Wal-Mart of Augusta didn't have any small bags, but I have to drive 11 miles to the nearest shopping center so I was NOT about to turn around. When I got to the pet aisle and realized that I would have to get a big bag of food, I had to walk ALL THE WAY back to the front of the store and get a basket. Considering my day had already consisted of picking up the house, cleaning the kitchen, doing 2 loads of laundry, taking Kylie back to Emporia and driving back, cleaning out the girls arts and craft cabinet, and texting countless texts to a teen girl having a crisis, the very last thing I wanted to do was walk all the way across the store again.

But I did, waddling like a penguin on tennis balls the whole way. The days worth of "stuff" along with gravity was setting in. I managed to get the bag of food pushed into the basket from the shelf. When I got to the truck with the food, my husband's already too large truck on a lift was just the right height to heave and ho the bag of food to the floor board (which was level with the top of the basket.)

When I arrived home, I then had to feed the dogs. I looked at the bag of food, realized there was no way I could actually lift the bag, I just ripped it open from frustration, filled up the dog bowls and just left it there, in the hot smoldering heat of a closed up vehicle. I didn't even care. I just had to remind myself to tell J it was there the next day.

And this is how every day has seemed to be for the last month. Today was just as crazy with one truck getting tires put on leaving me to drive the mowing truck (hilarious if you only knew the details...but that's another post...), a quick trip into Wal-Mart to grab some dancing tights for Riv's dance rehearsal, dance rehearsal starting at 9am, not ending until 3pm, all which included pictures, hair, make-up, tap dancing outfit changes, blah-blah-blah, then, I miss C's graduation party. When I got home, I still had to do the normal duties. So here it is 11pm and I have church tomorrow (which I feel obligated to go because I've missed the last few Sundays due to out of town trips and previous exhausting days) then all the hair, make-up and outfit changes for the dance recital tomorrow evening. Then I get to start Monday with just as much "stuff" to do.

By the looks of my calendar, I think I'll have August to start planning for baby. Exhausting.

I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Kacy said...

oh my kendra wendra so tired and exhausted!! you and that soccer ball go get some rest now ya hear