Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just for fun! this is cheesy.

So I was thinking about "life" the other day and how much has changed in my life and how much I have changed ( for the better!) and all the things that made me who I am. I was thinking about some things in my life that people might not know about. Here's some things about me and my life that you find interesting; and if you are reading this, tell me things about you that not a lot of people know.

1. I'm a black belt in TaeKwonDo (I have both ACL reconstruction surgeries to prove it!) I got to train with the Olympic head coach, and the Olympic team while we lived in Colorado. Then we got stationed to good ole' Kansas. I haven't done TaeKwonDo in 10 years.

2. I can put both feet behind my head (well, when I'm NOT pregnant I can.)

3. I got to be a co-driver in my Papa's semi-truck when he hauled a load of beef from Oklahoma to Missouri. His handel was "The Dutchman," mine was "grasshopper legs." My NeeNaw and my sister stayed in bunk of the cab and colored the whole time.

4. I started school in Japan and didn't move to the U.S until I was 10.

5. I can count in English, Spanish, Japanese and Korean.

6. I've only put any type of color in my hair twice in my whole life; about 5 years apart from each other. Then I realized how materialistic and stupid I was to actually spend that much money on hair only to have to turn around and spend the same amount to touch it up again 6 weeks later. No thanks. Thank you God for my blonde hair.

7. I got my nails done at a Salon once. No wait, twice. Once for prom, they were gone by morning, and once for my wedding. They didn't hold up so well on the 4-wheeling excursion and the river rafting trip on our honeymoon. Plus, those things hurt. It's not in my nature to put plastic on me to make me look good when in reality it's stupid expensive, you can't do everyday household duties, and you sure as heck can't have any fun with them on. Quite frankly, I keep my nice, strong, healthy nails just that way by not covering them in glue and ripping them apart.

8. I think this post turned into a rant...woops!

9. I'm a mentor to pregnant and parenting teens.

10. I thrive in 110 degree weather.

11. I got suspended in 7th grade for depantsing someone in gym class.

12. I've been in a lot of fights, all but one was inside the ring while sparring. When I was 12 I got my butt kicked by my 40 year old grandmaster. It was all in training for the Junior Olympic Team.

13. I designed my wedding ring.

14. I can have conversations with my dogs. Really. They talk back too.

15. I, Me, Kendra, the one writing this, actually held an office job. Once in a bank (where I actually moved up the ladder!) and once for my father-in-law's investment firm. Can you believe it? I did that.

16. I, Kendra, am hosting a baby shower for my way cool new freind K* who's having a boy and is due 6 days after me. Me! I'm going to plan a baby shower. This is huge people. But I will not do my hair and nails for it. Sorry. But we are going to rock n' roll this party, because K* rocks.

17. I have one brother who's a vegetable and has been for the last 13 years. (Brain annurysm ) sp?

18. I have another brother who was emmancepated (sp?) at 16, spent time in prison and we don't even know if he's alive most of the time. (It's a step-brother, I must clarify, there's no blood relation.)

19. I grow my own vegetables. And I eat them.

20. I have a husband who blows every man out of the water in terms of manliness. YESSSSS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love how you surprise me at every turn! you're the best...