Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Monday, May 4, 2009

My new fishin' pole, and the gags

Where's the motivation? Where's the excitement? We tried so long to have another child so I should be sooo happy. Don't get me wrong. I'm so thankful for my soon-to-be-here new daughter. I just can't shake the ickiness feeling! I've been doing so good the last few weeks and then on Thursday I puked ALL DAY. The baby is really in an odd spot making it hard to sit for more than 5 minutes, but yet the back ache is already starting so I can't stand for too long either. Driving anywhere from my middle-of-nowhere house takes at least 10-15 minutes to get to the nearest town and that's almost all I can handle.

J tried to cheer me up yesterday and it worked, until it was over. He got me a new fishing rod and reel. It's the Ugly Stick. I've been wanting one for awhile so we planned a fishing trip to the pond yesterday. After we got the line strung and River's pole set up with a hook and worm that we dug up, that girl caught 3 fish ALL BY HERSELF! She's always been a good caster, but she's never had the feeling of casting by herself, catching a fish and reeling it all the way in all on her own. She was yelling like a champion everytime she got one. "Daddy, I got one! Daddy, Daddy, I got one!" Of course we won't let her take the hook out of the fish's mouth yet, that's a little too dangerous still. We're still working on getting her to hold the fish the right way to get the hook out. I think that might a little while coming yet. Jason (the sucker) caught fish everytime he casted. (Is it cast, or casted?) I think we stopped counting at 20. He used lures all day. I put shad on my pole and let it sit on the bottom, then used the old pole with lures. I wanted to get a catfish but none of us caught catfish yesterday. Jason's pole he had shad on didn't catch any either so I didn't feel too bad. :) In fact, I only caught 5 all day long. But we won't talk about that. We all caught bass, and only just a couple were of any relevant size. We threw them all back. River was not happy we weren't going to have a fish fry. So, that's an excuse for another very soon family fishin' trip.

I think this was the happiest I've felt for awhile. Truly enjoying myself, my mind was taken off the fact that I'm so uncomfortable. I love seeing my daughter coming into herself and her personality. She's so diverse and I love that.

Then we realized it was 7pm. It was a school night, we hadn't dinner yet, there was a bath to be had, and Jason still had to load up his trailer. So we called it quits. I went to bed pretty darn happy, and super excited to go fishin' again. Then this morning, it's all about fighting the gags. Yea. At least the sun is shining.

1 comment:

kacy said...

Man i wish i could have seen her catching those fish!!