Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Title? There is no title for this post....after thinking about it for 5 minutes and coming up nil, I figured it didn't need a title.

2 Fridays ago: Head to grandma's...need to relax.

the following Saturday: Drive the 2 hour drive home with baby-to-come in a very uncomfortable spot. I get a phone call from a YoungLives girl who needs me to take her 9 month old, teething, sick daughter over night. I agree, but won't be able to take baby back until 5 o'clock the next day..Sunday.

Saturday night: Teething baby wakes up in the middle of the night, I go to get her and feel a "gush" of something come from a place where it shouldn't when your pregnant, I thought I pee'd myself until the next morning when I found blood everywhere.

Sunday Morning: Bleeding stops. Call the nurse on call...twice. and wait....all day. At 5pm take baby back to her mom and head to my dad's to take him to his surgery apt. at 7 am. on Monday morning. 11pm Sunday, wake up with massive headache and a ridiculous amount of blood....and I still haven't heard from the doctor.

7am Monday: Take dad for a preventative routine surgery (nothing major), wait for him to come out of a local anesthesia and take him to get lunch.....still haven't heard from dr.'s office so I call again, leave 3rd message. Bleeding stops from night before. I get dad back home.

Noon Monday: Dr.'s office calls and says "you need to get to the Wesley E.R as soon as possible.
12:30 Monday: Arrive at Wesley.
2pm Monday: Go up to desk and ask how much longer....they can't tell me.
3pm Monday: Go to desk again, and ask again....they still can't tell me.
4pm Monday: Girl come into ER with a tootheache...waits 20 min. and goes to see the dr., right behind her a girl come in, has scratches on her arm from a fight, waits 30 min. then goes back to see dr. I go up to the desk and ask if that's more important than a possible dead fetus inside of my body and they tell me there's nothing they can do about it. Are you **&%$&#@* kidding me? Jason gets mad, calls insurance co. to see if we're covered at a different hospital's ER...insurance co. can't beleive what they're hearing and tell us to go somewhere else. We go to hospital in Andover.

5pm Monday: Get to Andover hospital, get a room, get a gown, an IV, they draw blood, and get a sono going. Blood work looked okay, sono looked even better, but said i'm at risk so that means bedrest until next apt. Was out of that hospital within an hour.

Get home from hospital Monday night and see roof shingles all over back yard. Great. Then, Jason tells me the brakes on his work truck went out completely and the only thing that got him home were his trailer brakes and downshifting. Great, that's even better.

Tuesday: J finds out it's probably going to cost around $1000 to get his truck taken care of, and decideds since the insurance deductible is also $1000 that he's just going to nail the shingles back on until an even bigger storm comes along and takes more roof, or worse, the whole thing. His buddy calls and says he can do the truck for around $600. We pray for extra work he can do to pay for this stuff. Then, God sends a winter storm. THANK YOU GOD! HE ANSWERS FAST!

Friday: Weatherman forcasts all the ice and snow, and J will be working all through the night and all through the next day to make money that wouldn't have been there. Then....where we live gets 2 in. of ice, then rain, then snow, then my power goes out....for 4 days. I get my food outside (so it doesn't spoil in the warm refrigerator and heck, it's like....30 degrees outside right?)
Head to in-laws.
Sunday: still no power, and the temperature rises to 70 degrees. What?!? Hurry home, put food in coolers with snow and ice that hasn't melted off the deck yet.

***All this being done with the simplest, slightest, slowest movements considering I'm supposed to be resting. The mental frustration at this point is overwhelming and I reach the point of exhaustion.****

Monday: Temp. is warm enough to go home. I sit on my butt with feet up all day (I did that all weekend at my in-laws too...) waiting for electricity. Monday evening the power kicks on, this time to stay.....but the furnace doesn't. OH NO!

Tuesday morning: Furnace is obviously broken, overnight temp. is going to be in the 30's so I call Heating company....they can't come until Wednesday. Whatever! At this point I'm a total pioneer. Oddly enough, I go to the store and they are sold out of all the fake fire logs. Imagine that. Just my luck. I actually expected them to be though. We didn't have real firewood, and if we went to chop some it would be too wet anyways. Oh well, just one more night.

Wednesday: Heating company comes. Looks at furnace for about 5 minutes, flips a hidden switch and TA-DA, furnace kicks on.

God is good. I'm so thankful that my "problems" are so small. They could be so much bigger. I'm so thankful these things are all I had to deal with. It could have been a tragic accident, a fire could have taken my home, a family member could have been diagnosed with cancer, my husband could have lost his job, I could have lost my baby, my daughter could have been gravely ill, any other crisis could have occured.....I know the Lord will see us through things, but I'm thankful HE chose to only give me this week of curveballs with a purpose of testing my faith in Him, my Trust in Him, and my patience. Thank you God for your grace, an undeserving, just-enough grace. Thank you for such a simple life. thank you Lord.

1 comment:

Nae said...

Dang! What a weekend! I thought about that snow and ice and was hoping J would get some work and thank the Lord it did come!!