Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Girls with Guns

Nae came over with her boys and she brought her guns. That's what us girls do when our husbands are working. We break out the guns and the ammo, and whatever good enough target we can conjour up. This time, it was tin cans and plastic bottles.

This day was extra special. I got to teach River how to shoot. I never thought I'd be the one to teach her and it was pretty cool. I thought she'd be scared. I asked her if she would like to learn and she wanted to. So we went over the gun first (yes, and all the safety steps to be taken) and I explained everything to her. The gun is a rifle.


Bolt action....


and here's the safety:



Now aim, and shoot!


And then did it 3 more times! That's my girl.

One thing I learned this day...when I shoot a rifle, it's addicting; but when I shoot a shotgun, all I can think about is "only a few more shots and then I can rest," and then go home with a bruise on my shoulder. What have I been doing shooting a shotgun this whole time? I need a rifle.

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

you crack me up! girls w/guns. nice!

hey your egg crates are still in our store room just in case you go by there---

miss you!