Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Redneck chicks are cool. I wouldn't quite call us hillbillies, 'cause we still have all of our teeth.

Nae is my best friend. She finally got on blogspot instead of myspace, facebook, blogspot, copying and pasting one post to several different places and then e-mailing the rest of the world. Way to go! If you check out her blog, Nae's Place you can see why we get along so well. We only get together about once every other month...if we're lucky. Our friendship is probably different than most. It's definitely one of those God things. He knew what he was doing, and just in case we were going to miss it, He made it clear we wouldn't. Here's the scoop.

2001: there's a girl in my spanish class. we're obviously the only one's who have common sense in the whole classroom. On the first day we are wearing the same type of boots, hoodies, both have red bandanas on, and on break we go out to our vehicles. We both notice each other, but don't say anything. I go to my Geo Storm. She walks to her Geo Storm. *weird*....in class we sit in opposite diagnal corners in the classroom. We make sure we have an eye on each other throughout the next couple of weeks. Ya know, just to see what the other is doin'. Then we have something in class we have to work on together, so we obviously hit each other up as a partner. And from then on, we've totally hit it off. We continue to find very blatent similarities and really wierd things that we have in common.

I grew up in Japan, she grew up in Papa New Guinea.
We both grew up in very religious upbringing.
We both ran from "religious" type stuff, only to grow up get common sense about the whole thing.
We both have raised dogs.
We both have traveled....A WHOLE FREAKIN' LOT.
We both have come back to the country-girl at heart that we really are.
We both have redneck (and might I add sexy) husbands.
We both love to camp.
We both love to fish. (Although I think Janae is a way better fisherman than me.)
We both have 2 big dogs.
We both have 2 children.
We both love guns.
We both get along better with the guys than with the girls. Whichis why we click so well.
After not talking over a Christmas break in college, we both came back to school and had both gotten rid of our Storm's and purchased Ford Explorer's. *so weird*.
She texts or calls or e-mails at the most random times right when God has laid her on my heart and vice versa.
We both have so many other things like this but there's just too many to remember after 8 years.

We have tele-communication with each other.
We teach our children about firearms, hunting, wildlife, and manners.
Our children can cast a fishin' line better that most fishermen.
Our children will grow up thinking they are cousins. I'm aunt Kendra, and she's aunt Janae.
When we hang out, we are true hillbillies at heart.

One time we thought we were storm chasers. Only to get hailed on in a major way. I guess to do that kind of stuff you need some kind of knowledge or training. It was quite the adrenaline rush though...which is what we lived for. But we have kids now.

We've never been camping, together. *hint hint* Nae!

We'll go to the ends of the earth to find a good fishin' hole or a horse to ride.

Nae's cool. I love her.

Oh yeah, the first time we ever hung out at her aunt's house, her great dane ate my face off. Literally. I saw dog tonsils up close and personal and I think I bloodstained her bathroom. But luckily, I have great healing elements in my skin. (even though I had a bacteria breakout infection for like a year after that in my forehead. hehe.) But no hard feelings. So, Nae, aren't we overdo for an Atwoods visit soon?

1 comment:

Nae said...

You hit the nail on the head!! Or the spurs to the horse! There's just so much that's happened it's hard to remember everything! It's funny cuz I had just thought of us chasin that tornado over east of Andover that one year! Man! Talk about a great time!
I got the hint! :-) If we can't make it down to the lake in Red Dirt Land then we'll definitely get to Winfield!