Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

neverending nausea

If it wasn't for my daughter I'd be one majorly miserable person. I'm still throwing up at the very minimum of 4 times a day. That's on a good day. I've figured out that lemon juice is the only thing that actually tastes "good." Otherwise I just eat to absorb nutrients before it comes back up. You know how you feel when you get off a real bad carnival ride? That's how I feel all day every day. But here's something funny:


Mommy: Hey River, in 7 months you will be 5 years old!
River: Can I be 5 tomorrow?
Mommy: Nope!
River: Will I be 5 the next morrow?
Mommy: No, honey.
River: what about the next morrow?


another convo:

Mommy: Riverlyn, you are really pushing my buttons right now!
River: What buttons? You don't have any buttons momma.
Mommy: Riverlyn, just stop, okay?
River: But I'm not pushing any buttons!

River: Daddy, what does pushing your buttons mean?
Daddy: It means your getting under her skin. It's a figure of speech.
River: Like this? (she proceeds to lift Jason's hand and put it on top of her head.)
Daddy: ah geez.

1 comment:

Pam Nelson said...

I used Riverlyn's "God doesn't have sleeping brains" in my lecture at CBS on Wednesday. Everyone had a chuckle out of it. She's a fountain of illustrations!

I hope the Zofran is helping.