Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Thursday, October 22, 2009

my loves...
















Okay, so I'm totally skipping out on my chance to take a shower just to update this darned blog. Here some more baby pics! She's 4 weeks old now! Can you believe it?










Quick birth story:
Early that morning my back had the familiar back ache...I figured today would be the day, so...I took a shower, put make-up on :), checked my bags and got ready just in case...then the contractions started very mild. I pulled River out of school early, took her to in-laws, and waited for J to get off work. Contractions were getting closer but nothing I couldn't talk through. He got off work and we decided to go to the hospital to see if they wanted me to stay, if they did we'd call family and let them know. They said stay. We officially checked in 5:30 pm. They said I could get the pain meds whenever I was ready but I didn't want it too soon and decided to get it when I just couldn't take it anymore. At 8:25 I said I was ready, she checked me and I was at a 6 and 100%. We were waiting for the epidural-giver and the dr. called. Said she was on her way and to go ahead and break my water. As soon as my water broke, she turned me on my side to get ready for the pain meds. That's when I said she's coming now and the nurse freaked out. There was no time for anything, no dr., no pain meds, no time for scrubs to be put on, i started pushing as they were telling me not to. Screw them, that's what my body was telling me to do! At 8:44 she announced herself as a dr. from another part of the hospital slid in to catch her just in time. (J was there just in case though :) )





1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

all three of you girls are some of the most beautiful creatures. that third pic down is SO precious (and i don't just throw that word around, you know) that other one must be your very proud dad; no mistaking that. thanks for sharing!