Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy New Year, something funny, and Good News!

This is late but...Happy New Year! I'm pretty busy with Riverlyn's school and freind schedule, church activities, weekly cleaning duties at my father's house and my Father's house, and now Younglives. A couple months ago I joined a wonderful group of girls in a ministry to pregnant teens / teen mom's in high school. We go to the school on a weekly basis to encourage them and ultimately bring Christ to them. Pray for these girls, they need it. They are amazing and charming and such a challenge.

Here's the things I had planned for 2009:
-Mexico Missions trip on Spring Break to build a home for a family in Juarez.
-Our annual crazy river rafting trip in May
-Possibly Colorado trip in June
- A leadership opportunity in September with BOW (Becoming an Outdoors Woman)
-Hunting season 2009

And here's why all of those major events won't be happening this year for me:

I'M 5 WEEKS PREGNANT TODAY!

As most of you know, this is an answered prayer. God listened. I know it's so early so please pray everything stays "okay." This makes new baby's due date right around River's 5th birthday. She's so excited!

And for something funny:
Convo #1:
River: Mommy, you smell like a horse.

Convo #2:
My daughter may only be 4 but she's very aware of gun safety. The sight of one makes her a little uneasy but she's very educated about them and understands the dangers and pleasure of a gun. We talk about it often so she's aware of what it's for, what we do with it, and why it stays under the bed unless we are target shooting. After one of our conversations, I let her hold up the end of it so she could feel how heavy it was. Then I gave her a little quiz:

Mommy: What's the #1 gun rule?
River: Don't shoot it in the house.

(that's my girl!)

Convo #3:
River: Mommy, does God sleep while we're sleeping?
Mommy: No, He never sleeps.
River: Why? Because He doesn't have any sleeping brains?

Convo #4:
Mommy: Aren't you so excited you're going to be a big sister?
River: Yes! And I think we should name it Martha or Enchanting!
Mommy: Uhhhh......hmmmm.

3 comments:

Cammie said...

Congratulations!!!!! I know that is a huge answer to prayer!

I vote for the name, 'Enchanting'. Then you will have 'Enchanting' 'River'! :)

Pam Nelson said...

I think "Enchanting Cinderella Gabrielle" has a musical ring to it.

We love you all -- you know that!! Congratulations. I will love another grandbaby even if it's Enchanting or Deerboy!

Love,
Mimi

Melanie-Pearl said...

Yay, Yay Yay! Congrats-

Thanks for writing down the silly quotes. Never lose them. Precious days, sweet girls. Enjoy-

ps)I've been collecting egg crates for your friends at church. Should I leave them somewhere here at the office?