Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

full time mom = full time job

Geez, Jason said "I'll be cleaning my gun."
Rehearsal makes you hungry!
She was really proud to be dancing with the bigger girls.
Ornery Sasha, she loves camping.
Notice the rope tied around her waist? It was tied like a noose. In her words "I need it here in case I have to save somebody." (There was a loop tied at the very end of her rope-belt."




So I've been a stay-at-home mom now for a couple weeks, which is why I haven't been blogging. I've been reading all of yours though! This time of year we spend our weekends camping and swimming and we just went to Kansas City for the weekend for a girl's weekend...my mother, grandmother (85 yrs.), 2 cousins and their children. KC is a central meeting place for us all and we had a great time. Smart me forgot to bring my camera. Of course I would do something like that! Last week we had Vacation Bible School and the week before that was setting up and preparing at the church. We had a great time. The theme was the "County Fair." I had a little girl in my group who was so interested in Christ and becoming a Christian. Her name is Bethany. Please pray that Bethany can stay on the path she's on...I don't know what her home life is like. From what I can tell her parents work alot, they live on a farm and recently told her she would be allowed to come to church on Wednesday nights. VBS is a blessing for our rural area of kids who don't know about the Lord.

On another note, here are some pictures of our typical everyday life. They aren't too recent (as you can tell by the oh-so-attractive dates on the bottoms of the pics.) As soon as I have time I will get some pictures of my ever so time consuming garden. I have potatoes (sp?), onions, corn, carrots, beans, okra, tomatoes (sp?) and various pepper plants.

2 comments:

Melanie-Pearl said...

yes, yes...must see garden!

Cammie said...

Glad you are back...I totally agree...full time mom=full time job!

Hey, I want to plant a garden behind my garage. Why don't you come to SA and help me plant it as I have no idea what I am doing!