Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Monday, March 10, 2008

(so I took this pic in oklahoma in december, however it reflects my last 3 days....)

And i love Jesus, because he loves me.

And I love my mommy and daddy too...

i listen to Jesus when i pray...

my mommy and daddy love me a lot lot lot lot

and she's my bestest freind in all the world.

and one day we'll go up to heaven and see Him...


This is the song my daughter made up as she went along with each line as we were driving home tonight. How sweet. There's a whole lot more about Jesus being in her heart and how much she loves everybody and everybody loves her, I just can't remember because her song (all improv) went on for like 20 minutes to the same tune. When I pulled down the visor and flipped open the mirror as we drove along she caught me watching her and she said "Hey! Don't watch me!" I told her that it was the most beautiful song I'd ever heard and she responded with "well, I'm not done yet!" (with her eyebrows frowning....she doesn't like to be caught in the act.) It's times like this I look back and thank God for letting me have parents who brought me up in the Bible. It's times like this I know God hears me at night when I pray that my daughter understands God's place in her life and Jesus' place in her heart. It's times like this that makes all the stressful days x'd out of life. I know there will be more irritable moments, stressful days and days where all we do is race the clock, but these innocent words from her innocent heart make it all okay.


It's also times like this when I know that since Christ's Love is instilled in her heart she'll always make it back to Him, even when she may be led astray. I'll continue to pray her innocent heart.


On another note...Lately, the Lord has been working on me and every day I can feel it so. I feel my heart churning, I feel a peace that He's been working on giving me for quite some time now. It's a yearning I can not explain, if you've had it you know what I'm talking about, and if you haven't had it then I only hope that one day you will.


Content. Promised. Yet Poor!

Well, poor maybe by the world's ways!

Peaceful. Faithful, I Have everything I need!

(but not good enough for most people these days!

If I had a million dollars or even more,

I would still, every morning, walk out the same door,

Watching God's amazing plan unfold before my eyes,

He's watching me and what I do with His possessions, I've realized.

I watch Him provide what He wants for those who need.

I'm content and happy with what I have, because I can see what the rich don't need,

So my Heavenly Father, continue to show me the things I don't really need,

and continue to help me have the faith that you will provide those of which I do need.

I feel content, promised, peaceful, full of faith and uplifted.

If this is how it feels when you give, I'll give all I have.

If this is how it feels when you are given to, I'll keep giving all I have.

If this is how it feels when the world thinks you are poor, I'll still keep walking out the same door Just remember, those who look down on you are really the poor.


This weekend we went down the road and met some neighbors who have some land on the Hickory River. Good 'ole country family. they have 440 acres of the most beautiful land I've ever seen....Yup, here in Kansas. They took us for a walk over alot of it and down the river. We talked alot and they really are amzing people. They love their life, they love their family. Their house was a typical farmhouse, they had a couple barns, a stone wall, crop feild and some tractors. They had a couple overgrown farm-fed dogs who kept taking a dip in the pond while their grandson was casting his fishingpole. My 3 year old was dying to go fishing with him. We had my stepdaughter (8 yrs) with us and when we got to their driveway you could see their clothes hanging on the clothesline to dry out in back. She saw the clothes and said as loud as she could with a very sorrowful look (as if she felt really sorry for them) "They don't have a washer and dryer?!?" I quickly let her know that we don't broadcast that, and chances are they probably have one, they just chose to hang their clothes out to dry because it was a beautiful day. Their white house wasn't power-washed and they had mud on their vehicles. Their dogs were wet and shaggy and their porch swing creaked. They had a rock pathway to the porch that they'd probably laid themselves and they were surrounded with their son and his family that he'd adopted shortly after returning from Iraq. As we left their house that afternoon, I told them thank you for letting us walk around thier place and Mr. Winzer said "You need to thank God for today, not me." I can only pray that one day, I have their contentment and peace and thankfulness. Thank you Lord for a great weekend.

1 comment:

Melanie-Pearl said...

beautiful! (the whole post, photo, too.)