Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Wanted by the OCC driver - YESSSS

Ha! So, if you don't know who the OCC boys are check out their website, or just watch TLC's show American Chopper. Paul Sr, Paul Jr., and the weird brother Mikey, aka "The Teutal's" (pronounced Tuttle's) build custom bikes for a living and are pretty famous for some of their work. They did an awesome bike for FDNY in memory of 9-11, they've built a bike for Jay Leno, and many many others. Check out their website: www.orangecountychoppers.com. They do some really really amazing art work. They also are big supporters of the fire department. They incorporate "elements" of whatever theme their doing on a bike. On their website, click on the link to the "on-air theme bikes" to see the fire bike...it's amazing. They even used peices of the debri from the WTC destruction on the bike.
Anyhow, they've built a bike for a company here in Wichita and presented it at the fire station and had a big hoopla event over the whole deal and that gave me an excuse to go see someone famous....HOWEVER, they didn't show up until after I had to get back to work. Bummer. BUT the guy who drives their truck around the country with all their bikes (b/c obviously he can't fly them in an airplane...) was there. And he was trying to hit on me. He was your typical New Yorker, but also your typical truck driver with a big 'ol belly hangin' down. What was funny was I was standing next to Jason and I don't think he caught on until after the fact but at least J thought it was funny. This guy (who stuck his hand out to me and introduced himself while looking me up and down) asked me about the hotels around here. Then Jason just said "oh, my wife I recently stayed at Hotel at Oldtown" (while pointing at me). Then Mr. OCC truckdriver man realized that he was talking to a married woman and quietly but swiftly made his way to another conversation with someone else...I found this as my "5 minutes of fame" although, there was no fame, and it might not be very funny, but it was to me! Anyhow, check out the website to appreciate some really intense artwork, they hand craft every curve, every cutout of every inch of every bike. And then there's the guy who air brushes it who doesn't get near enough recognition. Pretty neat.

No comments: