Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The HUNTRESS

It's Feb. 26. All I can think about is hunting season. I've come to realization that I am truly, 100%, sinfully obsessed with this. All I can feel right now is the bow in my hand. I'm dying to get out there. I want to get one....a big one. I missed her last year, and never saw bucky b/c i got "caught" by a hunter who had been leasing the land i was hunting on. It wasn't my fault but a miscommunication from the land owner. Anyhow, my season was cut short with that and then a crazy move to a new house.
I've been searching the internet day and night reading up on bowfishing....Yes, bowfishing. I love to fish, and I love to bowhunt, so how cool would it be to bowfish. I'm dying to do this. I haven't talked to my husband yet but I think i'm going to ask him to go sometime soon. We'll have to get a freinds boat. To do this, you have to completely rig up your bow with a fishing line, reel, and fishing aarows. Not to mention all the hunting/fishing legalities/licsenses, depending on where you go....but we are going to Colorado in June! I know we could get some good bowfishing in there! I have a feeling not one person reading this will ever click on this http://www.womenbowhunters.us but if you do you'll laugh first...then you might find something interesting to browse around at. You guys can then see just how obsessed I am, that go to sights like that hehehehehehehe.
WHY do i love this so much? There's no other feeling like it when i hold my bow in my hand. I think it's the adrenaline rush you get when you see one under you. "One" being a deer, coyote, fish, whatever. I think my "LIFETIME GOAL" is to hunt everything huntable (well, legally that is...) Obviously i won't go picking off humans; but too bad i couldn't be a professional sniper. that's alright. The government just hasn't discovered me yet. If they had I wouldn't be writing this that's for sure. I'd be going after the latest "hit" on the top of their list.
HA HA!
Seriously, I think i'm gonna have to set up a spring Turkey hunt just to get out some frustration. I'm going mad here. I can't wait 8 months.

2 comments:

Cammie said...

Oh that makes me laugh! I am so city that the thought of hunting makes me scared and nausious!

Thanks for your comments about Jake. We will be working on this, albeit subtially so as to not make him self conscious about it.

Anonymous said...

it's bow turkey season, what are waiting for baby? mommy