Welcome....

Don't Bother Wiping Your Shoes

Sunday, September 28, 2008

LOKI

This is Loki. Here's the story. For awhile now I've been wanting another dog. However, I had pretty specific stipulations if I was going to have another dog because having a puppy is like having an infant, and yes, I want another child very badly, but I'll wait for that stress until I have a baby. But my ideal dog would be already potty trained but not yet a year old so I could train and raise it up with our family. It would have to love children and other animals and be able to mix into our family. I can't be a bother to anyone since we already have Sasha who so loves to lick you to death and jump up to dance with you because she gets so excited to see you. I definitely don't need 2 of those. So I've looked at the humane society, Craig's List, the paper, kept my eye out and just figured after looking forever that if God wanted me to have another dog then He would bring the dog to me. Afterall, my expectations are a little unreal. Then, on Monday, Sasha had a vet appointment and since our doggy doc was so impressed with her health and personality she offered me a dog. Whoa! And this is what we got. I know it's meant to be since it was a gift from God!
This is Loki. When he was born, he and his litter were dumped. They were wild for the first 2 months of their lives. Then they were rescued. My veterinarian has fostered him until he could find a home. He's been taken to several different places before and ended up back in foster care. He's not what he looks like. He's the sweetest, most tame, calm, respective of you, absolutely cuddly adorabley perfect. HE'S ONLY 9 months old!! And, he's already potty trained. Did I mention he's got all his shots and he's neutered? He loves to play with Sasha and will allow my daughter to roll all over him. I've never heard him bark or seen him put anything in his mouth other than food.
Now if that's not an answered prayer then I don't know what is!

No comments: